WE ARE HIRING!
Tucker Thomas Interior Design is an award-winning design firm located in the western suburbs of Minneapolis. We specialize in high-end residential & boutique small commercial interior design.
We are looking to hire a part-time Interior Design Expeditor to join our team.
This individual will need to be good with numbers, highly detailed-oriented, extremely organized, and an excellent communicator with strong email and phone etiquette. In this role, the Interior Design Expeditor will help with purchasing, project tracking, and problem solving for our projects.
This is a part-time position 24 to 27 hours a week, paid an hourly rate. Hours are flexible. For example, either Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays - 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, or 10:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday - Friday.
Day to day duties will include, but are not limited to:
● Purchasing, tracking, and confirming delivery for client and product orders.
● Expediting: Tracking orders from purchase order to shipping and arrival date- work with vendors and our warehouse to ensure items arrive as specified. Handling any issues in a timely manner prior to installation.
● Creation of client proposals, budgets, and invoices.
● Procurement of pricing quotes and estimates from vendors and data entry pertaining to pricing and product information
● Accounts payable, and entering receipts and expenses into system.
● Assisting principal with organization and logistics of projects, including special projects such as installations & photoshoots.
● Assisting with office tasks per principal’s request.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel..
Experience with Studio Designer, Design Manager, or similar software is strongly preferred. Accounting or book keeping knowledge is helpful.
Experience in a furniture showroom is a plus.
Professional experience in Purchasing and/or Expediting. In Interior Design field is a plus.
A positive attitude and ability to work in a small team environment.
Must be extremely detail oriented and have the ability to prioritize and manage complex projects while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Ideal candidate is reliable, self-motivated, and willing to learn.
The ideal candidate will have at least 1- 2 years experience in the design industry or related field.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience preferred Salary commensurate with experience.
This position has opportunity for growth as our firm continues to grow.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Tucker Thomas Interior Design is an equal opportunity employer and supports talent from diverse backgrounds that bring experiences, viewpoints and solutions that best serve our clients and enrich our work environment.
Job Type: Part-time Experience:
● Office Administration: 1 year (Required)
● Purchasing: 2 years (Preferred)
● Bookkeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
● Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)
Education: ● Bachelor's degree or equivalent
● Overtime often available: No